Monday, August 17, 2015

Brave???

Are you brave??? I've learned that since I've had children that I've had to man up. I have had to be brave for my kids.There are many things I never would have done that I do for my kids. I hate the water, but constantly find myself in it because my kids are water babies. I'm not too confrontational, but when it comes to protecting my children and doing what's best for them I am quick to speak up.

My kids are fearless. Most recently we went to Cedar Point. My daughter will ride ANYTHING without hesitation. Rides I was scared of and would never imaging stepping foot on are no longer things I bypass. I man up because I don't want my kids to miss out on things they want to do.

Over the weekend I rode the Skyscraper. Ava rode it for the first time the day before me. The way I look at it is if my 9 year old daughter can do this so can I. She's a rider, but I was still fearful that the ride would scare her.
She got on the ride and I thought she might cry (not that she ever has on a ride) and I can hear her laughing and giggling. The next day she decided that I needed to ride the Skyscraper with her, so I did. They strapped us in. I let Ava know that she's crazy and it was amazing.

Just another one of the amazing ways this kids have made me conquer my fears and be brave for myself.  Are you brave? Who makes you brave? I never would have thought that two tiny people would make me so much stronger, but they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment