Saturday, January 19, 2013

Emily Berger (aka Girl on a Mission 615) in a nutshell



I am an only child raised by two loving and supporting parents.  From a young age I was DRIVEN. It started with gymnastics, dance and eventually at the age of 12 I was dragged to judo by my father.  It was love at first fight.  After high school I moved to the Olympic Training Center and trained with USA Judo. Eventually I moved back to Michigan and started my career in Human Resources.  After finding my job I aligned my classes with work and received my Bachelor's degree from Walsh College. I married my high school sweetheart and we have two beautiful children; one diva, one maniac (who is so charming he melts your heart). 

To solidify myself professionally I became a Profession in Human Resources (PHR) and a Certified Workers Compensation Professional (CWCP).  After over 10 years with the same company I took a leap of faith and found a new job. My new job allowed me to rediscover myself and truly ENJOY life. My life has always been dedicated to keeping a positive state of mind.  Recent changes have allowed me to have minimal stress.  At the same time I have found happiness both personally and professionally.

Throughout my life I have ALWAYS had a goal (i.e. get a degree, earn a certification, enjoy time with my kids, not to stress over the small stuff, etc.).  I've learned to keep an open mind and that there are multiple solutions to every problem. Please join me on my journey as I put on my superhero cape and tiara to navigate roadblocks and create solution while enjoying every step of the way.


5 comments:

  1. You've been a busy girl! I understand, though. I've spent the last 17 years helping to build and grow a family business from a small three person operation in a 950 square foot former Thai restaurant to a 50 employee, global manufacturing operation with our 40,000 square foot world HQ here in Troy, MI!

    Did you ever get to the Olympics with your Judo? What's the 615 signify?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vyntage Dude, I was at my peak for the 2000 Olympic. Unfortunately, I injured me knee a week before the trials. I can tell you that it takes hard work and dedication to get to this level. This discipline has become part of my "life ethic" and has made me a DRIVEN Girl on a Mission. The 615 is a tag I use with my email and other accounts because my name is always taken. The 615 is part of my phone number. I figure that way I can't forget it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool story, do you still practice judo?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I practice judo as time permits. Having kids, a full time job and school is a lot to juggle. My hope is that my kids will get a little older, gain interest in judo and I will circle back with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am on board or on the wagon or whatever you want to call it. Thanks for everything.

    ReplyDelete