Saturday, January 26, 2013

Mission: Unexpected Adventure Castaway Bay


In the past I found myself caught up in the monotony of day-to-day life (i.e. get up too early, get the laundry done, get lunches made, work too hard, go shopping for necessities, make dinner, more chores, go to sleep late, repeat).  I would pass up on going out with friends and eventually found myself repeating the same week over and over.

Recently, I made a conscious decision that I would see my friends more, have more play dates, be more patient with my kids and ENJOY the time we share together.  Sometimes it's hard to let the dishes go unwashed, but the reward is so much more.  Do I want to say that I missed watching my kids having the ultimate nerf gun fight because I was  busy doing household tasks? I think not.
I just realized the other day that Monday is considered a holiday at my work and I get the day off. AWESOME!!!  As soon as I bring this to my sister-in-laws attention she says we need to go on an adventure (red cape on). First we were going to go to Frankenmuth and then we decided on Castaway Bay. I love having my hair styled and putting on great makeup.  I left the beauty parlor (and tiara) at home, but brought my waterproof Maybeline eye liner and mascara. We did not tell the kids.  In fact, we did not tell the kids until we arrived.  After a long wrestling tournament that day, both kids slept the entire ride.  They were so excited.  I asked Ava if we should go on adventures more often.  She told me, "THIS IS A GREAT IDEA!"



It was so nice to stay in an 82 degree climate.  We went in the wave pool, ran in the kid zone, rode the roller coaster, went down the slides, and enjoyed the hot tub.  I must admit that the outdoor hot tub is  AMAZING. To be able to look up into the sky and see the moon on a dark night and to be able to see it snow while you sit in a steamy luxury is pretty incredible. We tried to end our trip in the hot tub, but the kids did not want to go.  Aunt Heather volunteered for mommy to go down the slide one more time and we would leave. Boy is the water COLD after lounging in the hot tub. 

If you had a chance to go on adventure where would you go and what would you do? A day of rest and relaxation with my family  is just what the doctor ordered. Time to forget about laundry, cleaning and errands. It was a nice way to break from reality for a day. I would highly recommend this or an voyage of your creation. 

6 comments:

  1. Well needed mini get away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that everyone needs a get away from time to time. It doesn't need to be elaborate or expensive. Even a short trip or event can give you what you need to release and get back to the real world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emily,
    I agree with both your respondents. I think everyone needs a get away from time to time & it does not need to be long or expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can really see your blog is going to be theraputic for me! Due to my occupation and background, I am very much task oriented. It is hard for me to relax when I know I have something that needs to be done. My challenge is finding that balance. There is a difference between knowing and doing. I know life is short and it needs to be enjoyed. Often we let the financial aspect get in the way. However, there are may inexpensive and sometimes free adventures out there. I must look into Castaway Bay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dan,

    I must admit that I was also caught up in the tasks of day-to-day life. I decided to take advantage of opportunities to have a good time. If you like Castaway Bay and Kalahari on Facebook they will let you know when they run specials. We only go when there is a special. Another option would be to have some "you" time. Get a massage or do something else that will allow you to break from reality for a short while. I can understand having difficulties getting away, but sometimes you need to take time to yourself to recharge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! I love this!
    we are usually so busy in our everyday lives, we forget to take a break and enjoy what we've been working so hard for! Your post makes me realize i need to take a fun vacation soon, away from my hectic lifestyle! :)

    ReplyDelete