Monday, November 16, 2015

Monkey See Monkey Do

I've have spent a good portion of my life trying to lead by example. I deeply feel that if you wouldn't do something that you shouldn't ask someone else do do that. I feel that I am good a recognizing my shortcomings and taking advantage of those who are stronger in my areas of weakness.

I love to work out, but I'm really bad when it comes to creating my workout. I find that I do the same things over and over. I know your body will plateau if you don't switch it up. So for the past year I've really been trying to change up my workout plan. Yes...I'd love to just take a run, but my body has adjusted to that.

I did start of my day with a run
yesterday. I was overdressed with four shirts on and two pairs of pants. Let's just say when I let the dogs out at 7:00 a.m. it was cold. When I got back to the house my son, Lincoln,  ran outside, I peeled off most my layers and asked him if he wanted to work out with me. I started with a set up dead lifts followed by burpees. Then Linc yelled jumping jacks so I did jumping jacks, then he said do stance jacks...so I did. After these two items I was asking him what's next and he was thinking it up for me. He would choose a few things and then I would.

Then I thought...this is pretty good...I should write it down. So I put everything in my memos on my phone and upon review we did an AWESOME job. It's like we thought it out. Upper body, lower body, cardio, repeat. I have a friend who always puts something in she doesn't like because she knows otherwise she wouldn't do it. I think I'm going to embrace this concept too.

My hope is that doing small activities like
this will make my kids want to be more active. I liked the circuit so much I did it again today. I think I'm going to use it for my next FREE challenge group. Would you like to try it?

2 comments:

  1. Let first off by saying I love this post. I agree with you 100 percent, the best leaders are those last lead by example. don't tell some how to do it, show some one how to do. great post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Orendall!!! I'm just trying to stick to my goals. Sometimes it's hard to stop working on the small stuff and start focusing on the important stuff.

    ReplyDelete