Thursday, June 11, 2015

What Dishes Have You Made into a Healthier Version?

If anyone knows me they know that I LOVE to eat. Diet is always my downfall. Over these past few years I've learned that IT'S NOT A DIET, IT'S A LIFESTYLE!!! I cannot stress this enough. Yes, you can still have delicious food, but in moderation. I try to transform my favorite dishes into a healthier version of the same thing.

Most recently I've been spaghetting zucchini squash and summer squash..
My husband got me this small kitchen gadget and I think I may be addicted to it. I steam the veggies in water and garlic after I spaghetti them and top it with my turkey Italian sausage sauce. It is simply DELICIOUS!

I also make a lot of pizza using flatout bread. It seems like I go through phases. Right now I'm huge on seafood and southwest cuisine. I've been making cilantro lime fish tacos. They way I look at it....you can have whatever you want. You just need to try and use the healthiest ingredients. I try to use fresh ingredients whenever possible.

I also manage to satisfy my sweet tooth. Sometimes just making a protein shake does the trick for me. Sometimes I mix vanilla Shakeology into cake batter or pumpkin spice. Other times I use chocolate Shakeology and make a butterfinger shake. I blend this with ice and it's just like having a milkshake. I wonder how it would be if I froze it.

Whatever it is, try to cater to what you have a craving for. I'm always trying to find things that I will find DELICIOUS and NUTRITIOUS. This way I will be satisfied and still eat things that are good for me.

The next thing I plan on making I found on Pinterest. Maybe I'll make this over the weekend. What dishes have you created using healthier foods? Please SHARE!

No comments:

Post a Comment