Monday, June 15, 2015

What's your FAVORITE type of workout?

We all like to do certain things. What's your FAVORITE type of workout? For me, the harder the better. I like to CHALLENGE myself.

I like when the instructor shows you what you are supposed to be doing, I think I can't do it and then I somehow convince my body to get it done. I especially HATE when I can't do something. For example, I haven't jumped rope in years. One of the trainers I work with does a lot of jump rope. I was getting so frustrated  because I felt like I was stopping every few seconds and it was killing my workout. My solution, get a jump rope and jump for 10 minutes everyday until I got back on track. I'm still not the best at it, but at least I am doing better.

Mixing up my workout is important too. Sometimes I run, other days I do Insanity Max 30, or T-25, and sometimes I create my own circuit. Everyday I try to get in 1-2 workouts. It's time for me to get sweaty and clear my mind.

My favorite way to clear my mind is to run. Once the weather breaks it's hard for me not to run all the time. I LOVE getting outside and enjoying nice days. I don't run too much, maybe 3 miles a day. Yet, the nice weather practically calls my name. Some days I'll do 6 miles in a day (3 in the morning and 3 at night). Although, when I do this I tend to get chin splints. My body just doesn't like to run as much as I do.

Whatever the workout is my goal is to work hard. I like the way I feel at the end of an AWESOME workout. I enjoy feeling healthy and fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment