Thursday, June 25, 2015

What's your Favorite Way to Reset?

Life is stressful. It moves way too QUICKLY. Before you know it we are through a month, a year, our kids breeze through being babies, into elementary school and it seems like you just blinked. With all of the CRAZY moments of life, work, and other obligations, how do you make time stop? How do you decompress? What do you do to relax?

Yes, I use exercise to de-stress. But, I also try to take each weekend to completely break free from work. I want to leave work on Friday and not think about it until Monday. Can you do this? My weekend is dedicated to the kids and making the most of every moment. This weekend was really wonderful. We were able to get out on the water and grill.
I like to be able to break away from life for a while. Not be so attached to our cell phones, to sit around and do nothing, but have snacks (some healthy, some not so much) and drinks.

This weekend we also made it to my parents for a barbecue.The kids had lots of fun playing with squirt guns and in the water.
They were soaking wet in their clothes, but they had a GREAT time!

I want my kids to remember all of the fun times that we had out on the water, barbecues with family and friends, meeting new people, and all of the adventures along the way.

To me this was a RELAXING weekend. No...I didn't get all of the housework done. Yes....I still have many things I need to get done, but we made the most of our time together. Are you able to do the same thing? I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment