Thursday, July 23, 2015

What are Some of Your Favorite Warm Weather Activities?

The summer is HANDS DOWN my FAVORITE season of the year. I am not a cold weather girl. If I had it my way I'd want it to be 70 degrees with sunshine and minimal rain all of the time. Wishful thinking? Who knows. Living in Michigan I'm not so lucky. We have to deal with winter (I HATE SNOW) and many gray days.

For me as soon as March hits I feel like we should see warm weather and sunshine. Still it never seems to come soon enough. As soon as the weather breaks I can't help but run outside all of the time.I have met up with a girlfriend a few times to run and do circuit training outside.  I'm a sissy and I don't run outside when it's cold and definitely not when it's snowing...WARM, BEAUTIFUL weather only.

I like to go to judo practice when they can open the big doors up so that we can feel the air blow through the room. It makes practice even more enjoyable to be able to see and feel the light and fresh air.

I aim to eat as many meals outside in our cabana as possible. It's so nice to sit in our
peaceful yard and enjoy a meal together. My kids especially love to eat outside. I almost wish I didn't have to work as much so that I could enjoy coffee outside. We spend a lot of time in the cabana when it's nice out. The kids can swim, play in the yard, ride the four wheeler's, etc. I must admit that I did a little floating over the weekend. The pool water is just the right temp. This is our time to put our sunblock on, enjoy the nice weather and turn the rest of the world off. Sometimes housework and chores have to be left for another day. If we don't take time to enjoy life that would be no fun. I want my kids to remember all of the fun times we had and all of the things that we did.



Other than this it's nice to get out on the water and float on the boat. I'm all for sunblock on, world off. What's your thing for warm weather?

No comments:

Post a Comment