Thursday, July 2, 2015

What's in your Lunch?

Ok, let's be honest. What's in your lunch? Do you buy lunch every day? Do you grab whatever food you see when you're running out the door? Do you have a plan? I feel that bringing your lunch is the healthier more cost effective choice.

I try to plan out my lunches on a weekly basis.

Step 1 Make A Plan

I tend to obsess about foods so it's not uncommon for me to eat the same things for a few weeks straight. I always get fruit and cottage cheese and/or yogurt because I know I am going to have Shakeology EVERY morning for breakfast. It's the ONLY way to start my day. Right now I'm stuck on my strawberry banana cheesecake Shakeology recipe. My afternoon snack is usually fruit and vanilla yogurt (sometimes Fage and a little honey and almonds) or cottage cheese.

Then I select a meat for the week. I'm currently caught up on tilapia and ground turkey. Veggie's would be next. It's easy for me to go veggie wild. Lately I've been making zucchini and summer squash into noodles for spaghetti and using ground turkey Italian sausage to have spaghetti. I've also been doing a lot of southwest recipes with corn, black bean and salsa.

Choose your snacks. I've been huge on peanut butter protein bites lately.

Step 2 Make a list and go shopping. It's best to stick to the list. Although, I am an offender of derailing from the list.

Step 3 Meal Prep

Usually I meal prep on Sunday. Take your plan from earlier in the week and start cooking. Please each meal in an individual container. I try to make 5 so I'll have one for each day of the week.

Your food is portioned and ready to go. Having your food ready and in the container allows you to grab and go. The way I look at it, if you have the food portioned and in the containers you are less likely to fail.


What are your tips and tricks? Best of luck on your mission to be a healthier person.

No comments:

Post a Comment