Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Exercise as a Stress Reliever


Lately I have found that I have a lot on my mind. My family has experienced a very emotional loss and at the same time I have been dealing with my own stressors. What do you do to deal with your stress? I WORK OUT! For me, it's RADIO ON...WORLD OFF!

I find running to be the best way to clear my mind.
I turn my radio on loud and GO. Last week I ran 31 miles. This does not include judo, Insanity or other classes I take at the gym. For me, 31 miles is a little excessive, but I did it for my sanity. This is my time to think my day through or daydream about nothing important. I get my workout in. The harder I workout the better I feel when I'm done. I may start out agitated or frustrated. A hard workout where I am able to push myself leaves me with a clear mind and more level head.

Eating right also has a huge impact on how I feel. When I eat bad I feel bad and bloated. When I eat well I feel so much better and so much better about myself.

Exercising is the best way for me to start and end my day. Mind, body and spirit is very important. You need to find a way to balance these out. For me it's exercise. For you it might be something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment