Thursday, May 28, 2015

Who are your Motivators?

I would have to say that my motivation to workout started at a very young age. My parents kept me active. They put me in gymnastics, dance, volleyball, cheer leading, judo, etc. My mom was an aerobics instructor, so I would tag along with her from time to time and took aerobics classes with her in the mornings over the summer. My dad was and still is a judo instructor. I think I became active and remain active because my parents are. I've read that kids pick up what they see their parents doing. I hope this is true.

I try my hardest to instill a need to be fit and healthy in my children. I keep them active with dance, judo, wresting, t-ball, etc. It is important to me that they lead an active lifestyle. My hope is that they pick up on the workout bug.

I believe that my parents set the foundation for my need and desire to exercise. Now I am my own motivator. I convince myself to workout daily. Sometimes I'm not in the mood to work out.
Sometimes I have a hard time getting going and I don't have the best workout, but that happens. I figure you have to get past the bad workouts to kill the next workout.

To date I'm OBSESSED with Insanity Max 30
and the 21-Day Fix. I'm excited to be leading my very first 21-Day Fix Challenge Group which I will also be participating in. I am also excited to be keeping myself accountable, to MOTIVATE others and to see the results of my efforts because HARD WORK DOES PAY OFF! Remember, this is not a diet, it is a LIFESTYLE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment