Tuesday, May 12, 2015

What are your Downfalls?

What is the hardest part of staying fit and healthy for you? Is it making time to work out? Is it diet? Is it injury? For me, it's certainly diet. I have no problem getting up early, staying up late, doing double workouts and really challenging myself. For me, it all comes down to food.

It took me until after I had children to get portion control down. I try my hardest to eat healthy and make better choices. I try to plan what I will eat for the entire week and meal prep to help keep me on track. In fact, I dedicate Sundays to meal prep.
On a meal prep day I'll make my lunch for the entire week and maybe two dinners. I package each lunch up individually. This way I can control the amount of food in each portion and it allows lunch to become a grab-and-go process.


I love sweets and this is really my downfall. Sometimes I just let myself have what I want. I figure I can have a little now or REALLY overdo it later. Other times I am able to replace the sweet with something that is also satisfying.

On days when I REALLY need a treat I'll blend:

8 oz of almond milk
1 scoop of vanilla Shakeology
1 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tbsp of dark chocolate chips
Blended with ice

This is one of my go-to foods when I am having serious cravings. This is really a TREAT for me.

Whatever your vice may be, you need to recognize it and create a plan to deal with it. Once you have a plan you need to HOLD YOURSELF ACCOUNTABLE. Remember that we are all human and getting off track is normal. Just realize when you are off track and redirect yourself on the right path.



No comments:

Post a Comment